Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sean Mooney <se...@cae.com> on 2020/04/23 19:40:57 UTC

Retrieving Controller comments for output

Hi Community,

I need to document our JMeter test plans.

The idea occurred to use the comment field of the controllers in a test plan.

But I would like the results and these comments to be found together in the same result.

Can I retrieve that comment field in my test plan CSV output it as an extra column?

Thanks

Sean

RE: Retrieving Controller comments for output

Posted by Sean Mooney <se...@cae.com>.
Hi,

Wanted to let you know that in the teardown thread, I wrote up a little java in a JRS223 controller to retrieve the info I want via reflection from the ctx.getEngine().test attribute.

With a bit of code online I found I could obtain the collection of all TestElement classes, and output their comments into a new XML document.

Sean