Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/13 20:39:36 UTC

Anybody knows what IBM FileNet search looks like?

And how does it compare to Solr.

I am not buying (or selling), just trying to get some technical
details and my GoogleFoo is failing me. I thought they were one of the
purchased companies, but Autonomy/Verity seems to be referred to as
'old' search engine with FileNet's as new.

Regards,
   Alex.
at once. Lately, it doesn't seem to be working.  (Anonymous  - via GTD
book)

Re: Anybody knows what IBM FileNet search looks like?

Posted by Oleg Tikhonov <ol...@gmail.com>.
:-) Alex, it seems to be a copyright ... Think about Lucene + ManifoldCF.
FileNet is file repository saved in DB2. ManifoldCF has a connector that
helps retrieve files/directories from DB & using Lucene it may index the
context of the files.

I am not sure if Solr has such handler like Tika, however you can write by
yourself.

Hope it helps,

Oleg