Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Llelan D." <NO...@TheSnakePitDev.com> on 2003/10/19 03:21:44 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Browser access to Apache on W2k hangs.

BAO RuiXian wrote:
> Have you tried http://127.0.0.1? Or to make sure there is no conflicts
> with IIS, can you change port number from 80 to something else, say 8100.

As I've already said, "localhost" pings just fine, here are no other servers,
like IIS, running, and netstat shows no listeners on port 80 prior to the
installation of apache.

The Snake Pit - Development   www.TheSnakePitDev.com
Curtis Clauson                LlelanD@TheSnakePitDev.com
Proprietor

"Any sufficiently over-complicated magic is indistinguishable from
technology." -- Llelan D.

[users@httpd] Re: Browser access to Apache on W2k hangs.

Posted by "Llelan D." <NO...@TheSnakePitDev.com>.

BAO RuiXian wrote:
> Okay, you don't test it. Since you have a problem, there must be
> someting wrong here. Different tests may disclose the problem. Would you
> like to try from command window the command "telnet 127.0.0.1 80", then
> "GET / HTTP/1.1" followed by two Enters?

Yes I did test it, as stated in the original message. To clarify, I've tried
to access the server with "Private", "192.168.0.1", "localhost", and
"127.0.0.1", and none of them return a page or an error. Unlike an invalid
address which returns a timeout error when it tries to connect, these
addresses connect (I see it in netstat) and wait forever for data. I've proved
the validity of the DNS lookups and the underlying protocol stack by pinging
and temporarily enabling IIS.

Telnet with any the above on port 80 does not return anything after the GET is
sent, and telnet then does not respond to a ctrl-c and the console window has
to be closed.

What is frustrating is that I don't get a blessed log entry in either the
access or error logs.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Browser access to Apache on W2k hangs.

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.

Llelan D. wrote:

> BAO RuiXian wrote:
>
>> Have you tried http://127.0.0.1? Or to make sure there is no conflicts
>> with IIS, can you change port number from 80 to something else, say 8100.

Okay, you don't test it. Since you have a problem, there must be
someting wrong here. Different tests may disclose the problem. Would you
like to try from command window the command "telnet 127.0.0.1 80", then
"GET / HTTP/1.1" followed by two Enters?

Best

Bao