Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by kevin ritter <ke...@jcafeinc.com> on 2001/06/14 23:17:00 UTC

Server Side Includes using tags in an .shtml file

Hello,

I would like to know if Tomcat supports the use of <servlet> tags in an
shtml file for server side includes?

Here's my shtml file:

  <head>
    <title>timezone!</title>
  </head>
    <h1>Example of Server-Side Includes</h1>
      This an places the date and time for various time zones
       dynamically in this <i>.shtml</i> file.
      The current time in London is:
      <servlet code=/kevin/servlet/CurrentTime>
      <param name=zone value=GMT>
      </servlet>

The CurrentTime class file compiles just fine. I think, Tomcat is not
parsing the .shtml file. If that's true, what can I do. I have added a new
AddType and AddHandler in the tomcat.conf file:

AddType text/x-server-parsed-html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed html
Options +Includes

But that didn't seem to fix the problem. Any suggestions.

As always, thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
kevin.ritter@jcafeinc.com