Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/14 19:28:08 UTC

Re: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

I thought the incubated projects had been split into 3 groups, leaving
the Incubator to report every month but each project to report every
quarter?

Hen

Reporting schedule

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Martin Sebor wrote:

> I'm not clear on [what] each group's reporting schedule is.

Yeah, it's been a PITA.  Hence my scratch notes in the current June page.
They aren't intended to suggest anything other than I'm in the process of
working out who reported when, who is due, and trying to get this whole
calendar squared away.  What I want to end up with is a page listing each
project's reporting schedule.

For new projects, they'll report every month for their first 3 months, and
then skip two months, reporting once per quarter from that point forward.
Existing projects also report once per quarter.

	--- Noel

Re: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> I thought the incubated projects had been split into 3 groups, leaving
> the Incubator to report every month but each project to report every
> quarter?

That is my understanding as well, although I'm not clear on which
projects are in which group or what each group's reporting schedule
is.

I've been assuming that there would continue to be a reminder sent
out prior to the due date listing the projects whose reports were
expected to be filed. I missed Noel's note about the May page in
his April reminder.

Martin

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Bruce Snyder wrote:

> > New projects report every month for their first quarter,
> > established ones once per quarter.

> Is this documented somewhere? What is considered a new project?

Probably not, and we've only recently started asking projects to do it, so
all others would be grandfathered in.  It was a request from the Board.

	--- Noel

Re: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 5/14/06, Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:
> > I thought the incubated projects had been split into 3 groups, leaving
> > the Incubator to report every month but each project to report every
> > quarter?
>
> Yes.  New projects report every month for their first quarter, established
> ones once per quarter.

Is this documented somewhere? What is considered a new project?

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/
Apache ServiceMix - http://incubator.apache.org/servicemix/
Castor - http://castor.org/

RE: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman <no...@devtech.com> wrote:

> > Yes.  New projects report every month for their first quarter,
> > established ones once per quarter.

> Had asked because Roller reported on the April2006 quarter and wasn't
> expecting it to pop up again so soon.

Most likely an editing error on my part.

	--- Noel

Re: REMINDER: *** Board Reports DUE! ***

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.