Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2006/05/07 20:53:18 UTC

all committers: please check your svn configuration

Hi,

I'm noticing several files cropping up again with no svn:eol-style set.
The tell-tale sign is when you commit something and every line changes -
that means it used to be LF and is now CRLF or vice versa and SVN has
not converted them line endings. If you notice that, please do an
additional:
svn ps svn:eol-style native <file_name>.

However, that's a problem because the previous commit now shows every
line changing instead. So let's make sure our settings are right in the
first place.

IDEA at least seems to pick these up. I'm not sure about eclipse, etc.

Instructions:
http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
http://maven.apache.org/developers/svn-eol-style.txt

Cheers,
Brett

Re: all committers: please check your svn configuration

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
That would be great, do you volunteer? ;)

On 5/7/06, jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/7/06, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm noticing several files cropping up again with no svn:eol-style set.
> > The tell-tale sign is when you commit something and every line changes -
> > that means it used to be LF and is now CRLF or vice versa and SVN has
> > not converted them line endings. If you notice that, please do an
> > additional:
> > svn ps svn:eol-style native <file_name>.
> >
> > However, that's a problem because the previous commit now shows every
> > line changing instead. So let's make sure our settings are right in the
> > first place.
> >
> > IDEA at least seems to pick these up. I'm not sure about eclipse, etc.
> >
> > Instructions:
> > http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
> > http://maven.apache.org/developers/svn-eol-style.txt
>
> What about making checkstyle a required step before package or even compile?

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: all committers: please check your svn configuration

Posted by jerome lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 8 May 2006, Brett Porter wrote:

Addendum to Brett's comment:

I've noticed this too, and also files in the plugin repository mixing
spaces and tabs. Please make sure to use 4 spaces and no tabs.

BTW, Eclipse uses native encoding too. For Eclipse users I'd recommend
getting the AnyEdit plugin [1] that'll expand tabs to spaces on save,
and removes trailing whitespace.

-- Kenney

[1] http://andrei.gmxhome.de/anyedit/

> Hi,
>
> I'm noticing several files cropping up again with no svn:eol-style set.
> The tell-tale sign is when you commit something and every line changes -
> that means it used to be LF and is now CRLF or vice versa and SVN has
> not converted them line endings. If you notice that, please do an
> additional:
> svn ps svn:eol-style native <file_name>.
>
> However, that's a problem because the previous commit now shows every
> line changing instead. So let's make sure our settings are right in the
> first place.
>
> IDEA at least seems to pick these up. I'm not sure about eclipse, etc.
>
> Instructions:
> http://www.apache.org/dev/version-control.html#https-svn
> http://maven.apache.org/developers/svn-eol-style.txt
>
> Cheers,