Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by daniels <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/28 10:48:14 UTC

Error inserting into H2 database special symbols

I use Ignite indexing, and I need to inset string into H2 with special
symbols.
InlineIndexHelper brings NullPointer exception , for more please see in
attached image.
s = trimUTF8(s, maxSize - 3);  //this line returns null
                    size = (short)(s.length | 0x8000); //this line throws
nullPointer exception for s

Can I change CHARSET and not use UTF-8.

<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t524/Screen_Shot_2017-11-28_at_2.png>

Re: Error inserting into H2 database special symbols

Posted by daniels <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much!

Re: Error inserting into H2 database special symbols

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

API is backwards compatible between 2.0 and 2.3, but rolling updates are not
supported by Ignite without third party tools:

You will need to stop your grid and restart it. You can't add 2.3 nodes to
2.0 grid.

Re: Error inserting into H2 database special symbols

Posted by daniels <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilya,thank you for response.  I am using 2.0 version.
Yes,I will update the version. Is 2.3 version backward compatible
from 2.0 .

Re: Error inserting into H2 database special symbols

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

What Ignite version do you happen to use? It seems that there's an issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-5204 about this NPE, which was
fixed in 2.1. Please consider updating to recent version (I recommend 2.3)
and try again.