Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathan Coast <na...@shadowsolutions.co.uk> on 2003/04/25 06:10:14 UTC

plugin properties

Hi,

I'm writing a plugin that delegates some work to the war plugin.  Is
there any way to access the properties defined in the
war/plugin.properties ?

I want the default values of some of the properties used in my plugin to
be the same as the values for the war properties.  So, if the user
overrides the property in the war plugin, they don't have to modify some
other property for my plugin.

e.g.

war/plugin.properties
maven.war.build.dir=${maven.build.dir}

my-plugin/plugin.properties
maven.myplugin.war.dir=${maven.war.build.dir}

It seems slightly unintuitive that I have access to properties declared
within the war plugin.xml e.g. ${maven.war.final.name} but not the props
from properties.xml e.g. ${maven.war.build.dir}.  or is there a good
design reason for this?

cheers
Nathan

Re: plugin properties

Posted by Ben Walding <de...@walding.com>.
You use the following construct:

 <j:set
       var="cloverReportDirectory"

value="${pom.getPluginContext('maven-xdoc-plugin').getVariable('maven.docs.dest')}/clover"/>

Which grabs the maven.docs.dest property from the xdoc plugin

You will need to do a few if statements to handle your logic.