Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "THORMAN, ROBERT D" <rt...@att.com> on 2016/06/15 17:50:00 UTC

Testing for FLINK-3839

I’ve made some code changes for this ticket and need some coaching on how to test/verify before I commit/push.

·         How to I build and installation package locally?

·         What verification(s) do I need to do other than my own test case?

·         Is there a code review process before the PR?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Bob Thorman
Principal – Technology Security
AT&T Chief Security Organization
208 S Akard, 14th Floor
Dallas, TX 75075
(972) 658-1714

There are only two hard things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things. -- Phil Karlton

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of the AT&T companies, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Re: Testing for FLINK-3839

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

there is a Checkstyle Plugin for IntelliJ that allows you to load our
checkstyle configuration file. This will then show errors like parser
errors.

Regards,
Robert

Re: Testing for FLINK-3839

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
You can run mvn checkstyle:check in the flink to search for codestyle
violations.
You should be able to define a maven build in intelliJ that does that.
(Run -> Edit configurations -> Maven)

Re: Testing for FLINK-3839

Posted by "THORMAN, ROBERT D" <rt...@att.com>.

Re: Testing for FLINK-3839