Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Wishnie <je...@deluxebiz.com> on 2002/09/05 19:22:15 UTC

load-on-startup order seems incorrect...

I have two load-on-startup servlets in my apps web.xml . One is set as 0,
the other as 1.

According the the servlet spec, containers should guarantee that servlet's
with lower load-on-startup values should load first, but according to my
logs, Servlet 1 gets its init called before servlet 0.

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.7 on Redhat 7.2

Any idea why the load is happening in the reverse order?

Thanks,

jeff

RE: load-on-startup order seems incorrect...

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.
Jeff,

Try 10 and 20 or 1 and 2.

I know negative numbers don't necessarily start up before 1, maybe 0 doesn't
either.

Andy