Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Holger Floerke <fl...@doctronic.de> on 2002/04/15 08:48:34 UTC

Problem with growing memory (Xalan-C)

Hi there,

   I have a serious problem with bug 7556. This Bug (or maybe this
enhancement potential :^) is responsible for the memory growing up during
transformation. David says there are ResultTreeFragments that can not be
freed so easily. How can I work around it?

a) Do *not* use call-template?
    This is difficult. I thought about using a stylesheet to unfold my
"call-template", but there are recursions and maybe variables within the
template. This causes I can not unfold all "call-template" in the case of
recursion and have a problem related to names if I call a template more
than once in a template.

b) Explicit release a rtf?
    Is there a possibility to write an extension function releases the
(known to be useless) rtf?

c) Use another XSLT-Processor?
    Does anybody knows a good C based XSL(T)-Prozessor except Xalan-C and
xsltproc?

TIA

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                     d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke@doctronic.de         information publishing + retrieval