Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jmltest jmltest <jm...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 10:03:02 UTC

How to read multibyte user data from external file

Hi Jmeter team

Please help me with how to do this , iam new to Jmeter . Could not find this
info in User manual , hence writing to this forum . Kindly advise.

Requirement :
Multibyte data i.e non-english paramater/values are in an external data
file  i.e UTF-8 encoded file. The contents will be like
param1 = japanese_displaynamevalue
param2 = japanese_sometext_here
param3 = french_displaynamevalue
param4 = french_sometext_here
param5 = chinese_displaynamevalue
param6 = chinese_sometext_here
param7 = german_displaynamevalue
param8 = german_sometext_here

This file is called say inputdatafile.txt .  Its saved with utf-8 encoding .
[Note: above content are actual data of those languages. Since i could not
paste them here , instead of actual characters i have shown as above]

Now inside Jmeter testcase , for a HTTP request/response command - POST
request , i want to send data by reading from this file .  The contents
should be read in proper encoding i.,e utf-8 so that there is no garbling
issues . Also it should be delivered in response and other log files
correctly.

Please tell me :
--how can i read that file inside jmeter testcase (iam using jmeter gui
itself currently)

--is there any setting specifically such that data corruption does not occur
for those multibyte data in inputdatafile.txt.

thanks very much
jml

Re: How to read multibyte user data from external file

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#CSV_Data_Set_Config

>  --is there any setting specifically such that data corruption does not occur
>  for those multibyte data in inputdatafile.txt.

Ensure the encoding is set to UTF-8 on the CSV Dataset config element.