Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2008/06/02 16:59:43 UTC

Re: svn commit: r662448 - in /xmlgraphics/fop/branches/Temp_AFPGOCAResources: conf/ src/documentation/content/xdocs/trunk/ src/java/org/apache/fop/events/ src/java/org/apache/fop/image/loader/batik/ src/java/org/apache/fop/layoutmgr/inline/ src/java/org/ap...

Hi Adrian,

I'm not happy with the change of the Graphics2DImagePainter interface in
XGCommons that you seem to have done locally. This interface is targeted
at painting only. IMO it should not assume that every image also has a
URI associated with it for whatever that URI will then be used. For
example, foreign objects don't have an explicit URI. If you need the
MIME type and the original URI of an image inside the
AFPGraphics2DAdapter, you can pass those in through the RendererContext.
For example, AFPRenderer.drawImage() already has the ImageInfo object
and would simply need to put it in the RendererContext. Extending the
Graphics2DPainter interface just for transporting some
non-painting-related information that only the AFP renderer needs is not
justification enough for this change if you ask me. Plus this breaks
other applications that rely on this interface.

On 02.06.2008 16:30:40 acumiskey wrote:
> Author: acumiskey
> Date: Mon Jun  2 07:30:39 2008
> New Revision: 662448

> Log:
> * getImageUri() implementation provided on Graphics2DAdaptor implementations.
> * Refactored data object creation abilities from AbstractResourceGroupContainer into a new DataObjectFactory class.
> * Added mime type to ObjectType inner class in Registry for warn/error logging purposes.
> * Fixed problem with handling ObjectContainer objects in IncludeObject.
> * Added documentation for configuring AFP resource group files.

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Thank you!!

On 02.06.2008 17:17:41 Adrian Cumiskey wrote:
> Hi Jeremias,
>
> Ok, I will look into trying to use the AFPState/RendererContext interface instead.
>
> Adrian.
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > I'm not happy with the change of the Graphics2DImagePainter interface in
> > XGCommons that you seem to have done locally. This interface is targeted
> > at painting only. IMO it should not assume that every image also has a
> > URI associated with it for whatever that URI will then be used. For
> > example, foreign objects don't have an explicit URI. If you need the
> > MIME type and the original URI of an image inside the
> > AFPGraphics2DAdapter, you can pass those in through the RendererContext.
> > For example, AFPRenderer.drawImage() already has the ImageInfo object
> > and would simply need to put it in the RendererContext. Extending the
> > Graphics2DPainter interface just for transporting some
> > non-painting-related information that only the AFP renderer needs is not
> > justification enough for this change if you ask me. Plus this breaks
> > other applications that rely on this interface.
> >
> > On 02.06.2008 16:30:40 acumiskey wrote:
> >> Author: acumiskey
> >> Date: Mon Jun  2 07:30:39 2008
> >> New Revision: 662448

> >> Log:
> >> * getImageUri() implementation provided on Graphics2DAdaptor implementations.
> >> * Refactored data object creation abilities from AbstractResourceGroupContainer into a new DataObjectFactory class.
> >> * Added mime type to ObjectType inner class in Registry for warn/error logging purposes.
> >> * Fixed problem with handling ObjectContainer objects in IncludeObject.
> >> * Added documentation for configuring AFP resource group files.
> >>

> > Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki

Posted by Adrian Cumiskey <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeremias,