Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net> on 2004/06/14 12:13:47 UTC

ANN: WADI-0.9 released

Apologies for spamming - This is relevant content.

http://wadi.codehaus.org/

WADI is an acronym of 'Web Application Distribution Infrastructure'.

WADI's aim is to resolve many of the problems of dealing with state in
the clustered J2EE Web Tier. This involves technologies such as :

    * HttpSession Migration (inter-node and node-store-node)

    * HttpRequest relocation (by redirection and proxying)

    * in-vm HttpSession state replication (NYI)

    * simple HttpSession semantics and a guaranteed resolution to
      application vs container space concurrency issues within the
      HttpSession

WADI can currently be plugged into the following J2EE web containers:

    * Tomcat 5
    * Jetty 5

WADI currently has two immediate goals :

     'ctl-c'-ability - You walk into your Tomcat/Jetty farm and ctl-c
     a node. All sessions on the node migrate into other peers
     (possibly via longterm store), and their clients continue their
     conversations unaffected.

     WADI-0.9 fulfils this goal. Support for different load-balancers,
     notably Apache/mod_jk (with readoption of orphanned sessions)
     is included in the release.

     'kill -9'-ability - You walk into your Tomcat/Jetty farm and kill
     -9 a node. Up to date copies of all hosted sessions are made
     available to other peers, and their clients continue their
     conversations unaffected.

     This goal will be addressed through in-vm replication in shortly
     forthcoming releases.

     The 'ctl-c' goal has been addressed first, because node
     maintenance is a more regular occurrence than catastrophic
     failure.

     Please scan through the online FAQ and joing the mailing list, if
     interested. There is a thread at TSS that you might like to join:

http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=26551

     Thanks for your time,

     Jules

--
/*************************************
 * Jules Gosnell

Re: ANN: WADI-0.9 released

Posted by Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>.
inline:

Jarl Skogsholm wrote:
> If you have a product or service

an open source project...

we might be interested in,  start
> answering questions that demonstrate your willingness and expertise.

the ones that I have thought of so far are online in the WADI FAQ.

> You are welcome to include your company, product name, etc. at the
> bottom of every email.  Otherwise no matter how 'relevant' your content
> may be, SPAM is all it is.

If you would like to see a higher profile from me on this list that's
fine by me. I am interested in all aspects of distributable webapps and
shall henceforth involve myself in relevant threads.

Thanks for your time, guys,

Jules

Re: ANN: WADI-0.9 released

Posted by Jarl Skogsholm <ja...@lamarido.net>.
If you have a product or service we might be interested in,  start
answering questions that demonstrate your willingness and expertise.  You
are welcome to include your company, product name, etc. at the bottom of
every email.  Otherwise no matter how 'relevant' your content may be, SPAM
is all it is.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:13:47 +0100, Jules Gosnell
<ju...@coredevelopers.net> wrote:

> Apologies for spamming - This is relevant content.

-- Benjamin Franklin (1755)