Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> on 2007/02/28 18:20:53 UTC

Re: [Solved] Never before seen exception (facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException) - ??

I checked everywhere, even grep'd through everything and there is no
conflict.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

thanks

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.
from what i understand, ehcache page caching uses a filter. try no to use
the filter and see what happens..
my guess is that the first time you request the page, the filter does not
have a cached copy
and process the page properly.
the second request, the page is already in the cache, some components get
rendered, some do not. First render ( cached(item1), item2). Second render
(item2). But item2 gets rendered with id item1.

another painful seguestion is to have all, all as in every component to have
id="xxx", this is to prevent jsf from generating the id so its does not
matter if you cache it or not.

i'm probably shooting in the dark here.

Re: [Solved] Never before seen exception (facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException) - ??

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.
i had the exactly same problem with oscache <cache></cache>
because the first time the page loads, it gets rendered properly, second
time it loads there were some parts that were cached.
i think that happens when some of the jsp gets rendered conditionally.
besides jsf, what other components/libraries are in you jsp page?
of just three taglibs <f:></f:> and <h:></:h> and <t:></:t>

Re: [Solved] Never before seen exception (facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException) - ??

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.
I found the culprit.

It is the facet tag (no id's) I think there is a bug in MyFaces 1.1.5.

This was working before but now has problems.  It has nothing to do with
duplicate id's that the user provides but ID's that MyFaces generates.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
What version of facelets are you using?  I don't see this behavior and
I do the same thing (have search criteria on a page, then add the
results to the page after the search is performed).

I don't have any problems with subviews and includes.

<f:subview id="pendingServiceOrderSubview">
    <ui:include src="/pages/fragment/serviceOrderListOutput.xhtml">
        <ui:param
            name="serviceOrderList"
            value="#{accountDetailPage.currentAccount.pendingServiceOrderList}"/>
        <ui:param
            name="showOnMultipleLines"
            value="true"/>
    </ui:include>
</f:subview>

If it's a matter of not wanting to manually create the subview and
include all the time, create a templated component:

<my:serviceOrderListOutput
    subviewId="pendingServiceOrderSubview"
    serviceOrderList="#{accountDetailPage.currentAccount.pendingServiceOrderList}"
    showOnMultipleLines="true" />

This is probably a cleaner way to do it anyway.

Posted by Shane Petroff <sh...@mayet.ca>.

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.
no, ehcache.  I think there is a serious bug with JSF or something.

thanks

Posted by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.
The duplicate ID's are reported on facelets generated id's so it is a
facelets bug.  I see this when I use the facet tag.

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.
I am using 1.1.5 latest release.  Seems to be something new in 1.1.5 as a
previous snapshot of 1.1.5 we were using did not cause the problem.

the duplicate id being reported is generated by the system.  others are
beginning to see the bug as well.  I believe it is a problem with MyFaces
and not a problem with any individual project or problem.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
Also, please provide more information regarding the version on myfaces
you're using (did you build from the current svn head ?). From previous
posts, it appears you have been using myfaces successfully ? Did this occur
recently ? What changed in your setup, etc... that will help others to
diagnose your issue.

On 2/28/07, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you generating any components programmically?
>
> The situation you describe sounds like this....
>
> 1) first time -- construct some components, all unique ids
> 2) second time -- start with components from first time, and add more
> copies of them.
>
> At this point, my suggestion would be to narrow down the problem to
> the minimal page necessary to reproduce the problem, then post the
> relevent page code.
>

> On 2/28/07, Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net> wrote:
> >
> > I removed all included files.  Also if it displays properly the first
> time
> > (indicating no duplicate id's) why would it fail the second time I try
> the
> > page?

> > Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> > >
> > > Is the id specified in an included file?   Is the included file
> > > wrapped in an f:subView so that multiple includes of it don't
> > > conflict?

> id

> displays.

> in
> > >> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplic
> > >> >>
> org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspStateManagerImpl.checkForDuplic

> > --

Grant Smith

Re: [Solved] Never before seen exception (facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException) - ??

Posted by Ryan Wynn <bi...@gmail.com>.
I haven't used facelets, but I use clay.  There was recently a problem
on the shale mailing list sort of related to this.  I guess way back
in myfaces 1.1.1 component ids were generated in sequence per-request.
 The internal sequence was always reset even after a view restore.
Post 1.1.1 it seems the ids were stored with the view.  So they would
be reclaimed instead of regenerated on a postback (when the view was
restored before render).  Now, with JSF 1.2 the ids are now generated
by the the container for JSP tags implementing JspidConsumer (JSP
2.1).  I am not sure if myfaces 1.1.5 uses this technique?

Anyway, the latest clay is overloaded to handle these 3 component id
techniques.  So the version of myfaces + the version of clay is very
important in diagnosing the issue.  I would think this might be the
same for other view handlers like facelets.  I would make sure to put
both library versions in your JIRA issue.

You might also want to check out SHALE-418 just in case these issues
are related.

Re: [Solved] Never before seen exception (facelets.FaceletViewHandler handleRenderException) - ??

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Open a MyFaces jira issue.  Describe what you've found out.

Attach as simple an example as possible demonstrating the issue.

Mention which versions of MyFaces it fails or succeeds with.

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Lisa <ap...@purpleblade.net>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.