Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Gerd Mueller <ge...@smb-tec.com> on 2001/08/30 11:21:20 UTC

Bug in SQLTransformer "substitute-value"

Hi,

I use the latest cocoon_20_branch.

The SQLTransformer replaces the ' by " while processing the
<substitute-value> tag. But this is an error especially for
HypersonicSQL, e.g. if the substitute value is
"where column='value'" replacing the ' by " gives an SQLException.

I don't think that the replacement is necessary at all since
it should be left to the developer depending on the database
if s/he has to use ' or ".

Best Regards,
Gerd

Re: Bug in SQLTransformer "substitute-value"

Posted by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org>.
Gerd Mueller wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I use the latest cocoon_20_branch.
>
>The SQLTransformer replaces the ' by " while processing the
><substitute-value> tag. But this is an error especially for
>HypersonicSQL, e.g. if the substitute value is
>"where column='value'" replacing the ' by " gives an SQLException.
>
>I don't think that the replacement is necessary at all since
>it should be left to the developer depending on the database
>if s/he has to use ' or ".

 For Oracle databases the right escape sequence for ' (simple quote) is
'' (two simple quote, not double quotes").
 I think that this is the right replacment according to Ansi SQL
specification.

>Best Regards,
>Gerd
>
>--