Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org> on 2020/05/07 14:45:57 UTC

[DISCUSSION] ASF Board Report Draft, May 2020

Hi Igniters,

To increase involvement of each member of the community and increase
transparency I'd like to share report draft for ASF board with all dev@
community. Thanks to Ivan P. for this idea.

What would you like to add to this report? Major features, events, popular
publications could be mentioned in the report (main manual sections are
community and project activity, and issues - if any). Let's make it more
representative and useful. I'm going to publish it during weekend. Please
find report draft below and share your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

The mission of Ignite is the creation and maintenance of software related
High-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for
computing
and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Ignite was founded 2015-08-19 (5 years ago)
There are currently 50 committers and 34 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 7:5.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Maxim Muzafarov was added to the PMC on 2020-04-28
- Slava Koptilin was added as committer on 2020-02-15

## Project Activity:
2.8.0 was released on 2020-03-03.
Spring boot starter was voted to be released.
Apache Ignite 2.8.1  release is under preparation.

## Community Health:

increased in compare to past quarter (+30..40%)
Commits count this quarter is slightly less (-17%)

Re: [DISCUSSION] ASF Board Report Draft, May 2020

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Here is filed version of the report:

The mission of Ignite is the creation and maintenance of software related
is a horizontally scalable, fault-tolerant
distributed in-memory computing platform for building real-time
applications that can process terabytes of data with in-memory speed.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Ignite was founded 2015-08-19 (5 years ago)
There are currently 51 committers and 34 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 3:2.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Maxim Muzafarov was added to the PMC on 2020-04-28
- Slava Koptilin was added as committer on 2020-02-15
- Taras Ledkov was added as committer on 2020-05-09

## Project Activity:
- Apache Ignite 2.8.0 was released on 2020-03-03.
- Spring Boot extensions 1.0.0 was released on 2020-05-07.
- Apache Ignite 2.8.1 release is under preparation.
- Flume, Flink, and some other extensions have been migrated to the
  extensions repository.
   https://github.com/apache/ignite-extensions/tree/master/modules
- Released a new version of the Apache Ignite website:
   https://ignite.apache.org

## Community Health:
- Community prepared a public roadmap with significant improvements planned
  for the rest of 2020:
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Apache+Ignite+Roadmap
  notifications@) increased in comparison to last quater (+30..40%). Commits
  count this quarter is slightly less (-17%)
- Community members gave 19 public online and offline presentations about
the
  project since the beginning of 2020. Around 8 talks are yet to be
presented
  and even more to follow: https://ignite.apache.org/events.html

Posted by Dmitriy Pavlov <dp...@apache.org>.
Hi Denis,