Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Star Guo <st...@ceph.me> on 2015/02/13 01:24:22 UTC

Forward: About Instance Storage Live Migration on VMware

Does any one know about that ?

Best Regards,
Star Guo

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
I am curious, when you say you used VMware's Storage vMotion, do you mean
the intent was to live migrate the storage underlying one of your VMs? I
was not aware that CloudStack supported this.

I believe CloudStack supports the offline migration of VM disks, but it
seems to me that, say, offline migrating a root disk wouldn't bring along
the config and log files that also shared the same datastore with that root
disk (perhaps it should, though).

Maybe one of our VMware gurus can explain what is the expected behavior
here.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com