Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by mitziuro <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/23 10:31:43 UTC

Adding property

Is there a way to add node properties for a working repository (a script or
a java code example) without deleting the repository and creating it again ?
Thanks in advance

Re: Adding property

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:31, mitziuro <mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to add node properties for a working repository (a script or
> a java code example) without deleting the repository and creating it again ?

I guess you mean changing node types? There are basically three options:

a) always use nt:unstructured (or make your nodetypes inherit from it)
b) re-register the nodetypes (even simpler with JCR 2.0, as it defines
a node type registration API)
c) with JCR 2.0, you will be able to change the primary node type of a node

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek