Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2009/03/02 03:23:06 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Plan

Hi,

Let's check release plan.

1. Current features are enough? -
http://wiki.apache.org/hama/InterfaceConsiderations - We'll implement
dense/sparse matrix/vector using this interface. If not, Should we
have a HAMA-162? Should we have some decomposition methods?

2. We should think about the practical examples and more flexible API
for extract matrices from any <input>. Should we provides
import/export methods? or Map/Reduce framework is enough?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Plan

Posted by Samuel Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:23 AM, Edward J. Yoon <ed...@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let's check release plan.
>
> 1. Current features are enough? -
> http://wiki.apache.org/hama/InterfaceConsiderations - We'll implement
> dense/sparse matrix/vector using this interface. If not, Should we
> have a HAMA-162? Should we have some decomposition methods?

I think we should release a package util we have implemented
matrix-decomposition.

> 2. We should think about the practical examples and more flexible API
> for extract matrices from any <input>. Should we provides
> import/export methods? or Map/Reduce framework is enough?

Extracting matrices from any <input> is good for me.