Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Raymond <pp...@hotmail.com> on 2005/02/16 07:16:23 UTC

How to access Assets outside of webapp context root

Hi Tapestry users,

Can I access files stored anywhere in the filesystem not under the webapp
context root using Tapestry' Asset mechanism?

I tried to use ExternalAsset but found that it only accepts a URL which must
point to web resources. I only want to use files on the same app server but
not under the webapp context dir as assets. How can I possibly do that?

Thanks very much.
Raymond

Re: How to access Assets outside of webapp context root

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.
Raymond <pps18033 <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Can I access files stored anywhere in the filesystem not under the webapp
> context root using Tapestry' Asset mechanism?
>
> I tried to use ExternalAsset but found that it only accepts a URL which must
> point to web resources. I only want to use files on the same app server but
> not under the webapp context dir as assets. How can I possibly do that?

External asset should work unless your file is not
in any webapp context (not just your own context).
In such case you may try using
file:///C|/myDir/myFile as the URL.