Posted to xang-dev@xml.apache.org by Jason Prescott Wohlford <wo...@pobox.com> on 2001/07/25 21:38:36 UTC

How can I help!

Mike,

I've had dreams wanting something like what Xang does. I scoured the web for
months trying to find something that handles XML, XSL, and JavaScript. It
has huge potential!

I have some issues with the project. First, how in the heck do I install it?
Where's all the documentation. It seem quite sparse and difficult to
understand.

I want to work on this project. I'm extremely passionate about Xang. How can
I become involved!?

Jason

--
Jason Prescott Wohlford
<wo...@pobox.com>

Re: How can I help!

Posted by Jason Prescott Wohlford <wo...@pobox.com>.
Good gravy, you are exactly what I've been looking for...

Wonderful!

My AIM name is <JasonWohlford>. My ICQ number is <112823231>. Your
welcome to chat with me on which ever. Right now, you'll find me on AIM
more often.

I'll be able to help with development best between the hours of
8:30-5:00 p.m. CST at work. I have great flexibility from my wonderful
employer Brian Belsterling, President of The Copy Center. As long as I
can show, if asked, that I am benefiting The Copy Center and get the
rest of my work done it will be fine. Therefore, I'd eventually like to
convert my client-side JavaScript site at <SylvanOrder.com> to Xang.

I have a very strong understanding of JavaScript. I also understand XML
to a reasonable degree. (Hey, what's really to understand.) I'm quite
weak in XSL; and have almost no knowledge of Apache configuration. That
being said, I love to code. I love to code to spec. I love XML, XSL, the
DOM, and JavaScript and am passionate about them. They rock.

I accept and agree with the Apache license and am very interested in
contributing to open source. Although I like Linux, I'm not much for the
GPL. I do like the FreeBSD license very much, although I've never run
straight FreeBSD.

This is my configuration is the tricky part. At work, I am running Mac
OS X (based on many BSDs). It has Apache built in. According to Apple it
also has a very strong Java2 environment. The Mac OS X box is what I'll
be using most of the time. At home, I should have a Linux-Mandrake 8.0
box running this weekend. My replacement motherboard should be arriving
today or tomorrow. It has telnet and maybe SSH access? How shall I
proceed?

Jason

Jason Prescott Wohlford
<wo...@pobox.com>

Re: How can I help!

Re: How can I help!

Posted by "S. Mike Dierken" <md...@hotmail.com>.
One more thing,
If you have Tomcat or another J2EE compatible servlet engine, I can put
together a .war file that has all the runtime files ready to be installed.