Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by syg6 <sy...@yahoo.com> on 2008/01/02 10:49:23 UTC

Error when serving large Word doc

I am running Tomcat 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server. I have a jsp page with a
scriptlet that basically takes the 'out' object (JspWriter) and spits out a
bunch of info from the database along with Word formatting and using the
'msword' mime type. It is a total kludge, I know, but I didn't write it, I
just inherited it.

Anyway, when I have a lot of data the generated Word file is unable to be
opened. The process itself finishes correctly but it seems that when Tomcat
tries to serve it, it craps out. We're talking about less that 5Mb here, not
exactly a huge file.

I've been looking at increasing the bufferSize using the Jsp page directive
but doing so changes the error; it tells me that format is correct.

Is there anywhere in the server.xml (or somewhere else?) where I can
increase the maximum file size that Tomcat can serve?

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Error when serving large Word doc

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
syg6 wrote:
> Is there anywhere in the server.xml (or somewhere else?) where I can
> increase the maximum file size that Tomcat can serve?

There is no such limit. There were some bugs around the 2GB mark but I
believe these have all since been resolved.

Mark