Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by goran kent <go...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/27 16:56:38 UTC

[lucy-user] SortSpec behaviour and ceiling(N)

Hi,

I've been wondering about the way sorting behaves, and whether it can
be tweaked.

1.  When using a SortRule(field => 'my_float_rank', reverse => 1), and
two pages have an equal my_float_rank value (stringified, of course),
does ranking then fall back to TF/IDF (subject to field boost
properties)?

2.  Now, let's say I want to experimentally enforce a ceiling of N on
my_float_rank during *search time*.  Is that possible without having
to use the indexer to update those docs who's my_float_rank>N?

This would allow me some flexibility to play around and test some
ideas on ranking.  If hacking the source is required, and that would
achieve the desired effect, then so be it.  I'm curious as to whether
it's doable at all - at search time.

gk