Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by T Ames <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/18 16:54:31 UTC

Reverse Proxy and AJAX

My company is going to start using a Juniper Reverse Proxy server for VPN
access.  We have a large mix of different web technologies in use. Wicket is
one of them. What this product does is URL rewriting to make things work.  I
am having a problem with Wicket AJAX functions working properly. Below is an
example of the way the URLs look where AJAX does work and where it does not.

Of course I am assuming the URL is the problem with AJAX not functioning
since we have other jsp projects where AJAX is working.  Also, we had tested
another reverse proxy server that did not mess with the URL like Juniper
does – and Wicket worked OK with that.

Here is how the URL looks when AJAX does work (using internal network via
http):

> ourdomain:28080/ms4_archive_web/ms4ar/

Here is how the URL looks with the Juniper Reverse Proxy where AJAX does not
work (via https):

> sslvpn2.ourdomain/ms4_archive_web/ms4ar/,DanaInfo=ourdomain,Port=28080+

I had to remove some of the URL string - the users email server was
rejecting as spam.

You can see where the Juniper software has really messed up the URL. I know
that wicket has several URL strategies which up till this point I have not
had to mess with. Is there one of these strategies that would allow Wicket
to work in this scenario? I am unfamiliar with these strategies and they are
confusing to me just reading the API’s.  Wicket worked well for me “right
out of the box” – ‘till now.

Any help appreciated.

--Tim