Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2000/12/01 08:31:33 UTC

AW: [RT] Cocoon in cacheland

Here are my additional rt's:

Following the discussion about caching in C2 I am still thinking of a solution for Actions and Selectors.
In my understanding, also the response might be cached, the actions should nevertheless be invoked. So this would make the caching a little bit more complicated.

Regarding Selectors I can't see a good way to cache such responses. The selectors can test nearly anything, so simply asking a selector if he has changed might be not sufficient as the selector might take some results of a previous stage in the pipeline for testing.
Even worse for the same request have to be several responses cached and the caching algorithm must decide which "version" of to choose.

So, a solution might be:
1. Also the cached response is used, some components in the pipeline are nevertheless invoked (Actions). (I know that this might be very difficult to handle)
2. There might be some components (Selectors) which might make caching impossible. This could be solved that these components always say YES to has changed.

What do you think about this?

Carsten

[C2]: Namespace bug in XalanTransformer

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hello,

namespaces are not correctly handled by the current Xalan Version inside C2.
The endElement event does not contain the correct information. Here is my
simple test case.

If you use the following XML file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page xmlns:sunshine="http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/1.0">
<test>
	<sunshine:wrong/>
</test>
</page>

and this pipeline:

<map:generate src="test.xml"/>
<map:transform src="test.xsl"/>
<map:transform type="log">

with a stylesheet which this stylesheet:

<xsl:template match="test">
<xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="node()|@*"><xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy></xsl:template>

The log transformer gets the following events:
[setup] ---------------------------- [Wed Dec 06 12:47:33 GMT+01:00 2000] ----------------------------
[startDocument]
[startElement] uri=null,local=page,raw=page
[characters]

[characters]

[startPrefixMapping] prefix=sunshine,uri=http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/1.0
[startElement] uri=http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/1.0,local=wrong,raw=sunshine:wrong
[            ] 1. uri=http://www.w3.org/2000/xmlns/,local=sunshine,qname=xmlns:sunshine,type=CDATA,value=http://sunshine.sundn.de/sunshine/1.0
[endElement] uri=,local=,qname=sunshine:wrong
[endPrefixMapping] prefix=sunshine
[characters]

[characters]

[endElement] uri=,local=,qname=page
[endDocument]

The endElement event has no uri and no local name set.

Regards
Carsten Ziegeler

Open Source Group              sunShine - Lighting up e:Business
www.sundn.de                           mailto:cziegeler@sundn.de