Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by Richard Hirsch <rh...@apache.org> on 2010/11/25 08:39:48 UTC

Discussion of LDAP on lift list

Don't know whether anyone else is following the discussions about LDAP
on the lift list. They are currently doing a major rewrite of the code
and I'm trying to talk about our (ESME) requirements
(http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/54c3d08ed6f02b11)
.  If anyone else wants to chime in, that would be great. I can give
basic requirements but they are asking for more details for the entire
module which is a bit of challenge for me based on my still limited
understanding of the lift internals.

D.

Re: Discussion of LDAP on lift list

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the heads-up. This prompted me to resubscribe to the Lift list :-)

I really won't have time to look at this for a few more days :-( I'll
keep an eye on the conversation for now.

Ethan

Posted by Richard Hirsch <rh...@apache.org>.
To be truthful, I have a feed on the lift-web group and I just skim
the subjects. I usually just read a few posts and rarely comment.

D.

Posted by Ethan Jewett <es...@gmail.com>.
For what it´s worth (not much), my impression is that what we need to
implement LDAP support is just the Lift LDAP Vendor. We would need to
implement our own auth provider in ESME using that vendor, just like
we do for OpenID or username/password auth. So I think what has been
done is good for us overall, though it would be really nice if the
vendor provided easy access to group information as well.

Does that sound about right?

Ethan

Posted by Vassil Dichev <vd...@apache.org>.