Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com> on 2006/09/29 20:34:42 UTC

Re: [HttpCore][HttpAsync][POLL] Java 1.5 dependency for HttpCore NIO and eventually HttpAsync?

+1

Maybe once a month check and see if the code works with Java 1.4 + this?

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/

And it's Public Domain!!!

yours,

Julius

On Fri, 2006-29-09 at 20:16 +0200, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have been quietly working on the NIO based client in HttpCore NIO and
> kind of missed java.util.concurrent primitives a lot in the process of
> it.
>
> How would everyone feel about possibility of using Java 1.5 for HttpCore
> NIO (and possibly HttpAsync as it would also benefit greatly from using
> java.util.concurrent code instead of home brewed sync primitives)?
>
> Oleg

Julius Davies
Senior Application Developer, Technology Services
Credit Union Central of British Columbia
http://www.cucbc.com/
Tel: 416-652-0183
Cel: 647-232-7571

1441 Creekside Drive
Vancouver, BC
Canada
V6J 4S7

Re: [HttpCore][HttpAsync][POLL] Java 1.5 dependency for HttpCore NIO and eventually HttpAsync?

Posted by Julius Davies <ju...@cucbc.com>.
Oh, whoops - I see that the backport has a different package name:

http://dcl.mathcs.emory.edu/util/backport-util-concurrent/doc/api/

But at least there's still hope for someone if they're desparate enough.
So I'm still +1.

yours,

Julius