Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <st...@kleineikenscheidt.de> on 2006/05/15 23:33:21 UTC

ServiceMixClient Questions

Hello,

I have embeddeded Jetty in a Servicemix SA, which hosts a web
application, which needs to access die Client API.  From this webapp I
would like to access the JBI container to use the client API.

It's possible to access it using the remote client API, but is there a
way to access the DefaultServiceMixClient directly?  What would be
downside of clustering Servicemix?  (as Guillaume mentioned here:
http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-ServiceMix-API-Client-p3567411.html)

Would it be possible to use SericeMix' or Jetty'S JNDI to pass the
reference to the webapp?  Or is that completely of track?

TIA for any pointers and directions.

-Stefan

Re: ServiceMixClient Questions

Posted by Stefan Kleineikenscheidt <st...@kleineikenscheidt.de>.
Hi Guilaume,

actually, its possible to publish the JBI container quite easily using
the jndi.xml and add an entry like this:

         <entry key="java:comp/env/jbi">
           <ref local="jbi"/>
         </entry>

However, this requires servicemix.xml to import jndi.xml.  This is true
for the top-level servicemix.xml (under /conf) but most of the examples
don't do it.

The question:   If JNDI will be a part of SM - should there be a config
flag for the JBI container, to start JNDI and bind a reference to itself
to it?

-Stefan

--
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt           tel. +49 (711) 99 33 035
Rosenbergstr. 58                   mob. +49 (172) 130 54 77

Re: ServiceMixClient Questions

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

--
Cheers,