Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by hadoop anis <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/13 09:59:58 UTC

How Jobtracler stores tasktracker's information

      Anyone please tell this,
      I want to know from where Jobtracker sends task(taskid) to
tasktarcker for scheduling.
      i.e where it creates taskid & tasktracker pairs

Thanks & Regards,

Mohmmadanis Moulavi

Student,
MTech (Computer Sci. & Engg.)
Walchand college of Engg. Sangli (M.S.) India

Re: How Jobtracler stores tasktracker's information

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Moving to mapreduce-user@, bcc common-user@. Please use project specific lists.

Take a look at JobTracker.heartbeat -> *Scheduler.assignTasks.

After the scheduler 'assigns' tasks, the JT sends the corresponding 'LaunchTaskAction' to the TaskTracker.

hth,
Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.