Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Olson, Ron" <RO...@lbpc.com> on 2011/09/02 18:38:38 UTC

Parent delta query, but no child delta query?

Hi all-

I'm trying to set up a delta query for a parent entity query that has many sub-queries. The table referenced in the parent query has a "last updated" field, but none of the children do. The way the data is set up is that when a child table is updated, the "last updated" field of the parent is set.

So my question is whether I need to set up delta queries for my child entities; if the parent is updated I just want the whole record replaced. Do I need to set up the delta queries for the children? The DIH page doesn't seem to be specific on this point; they talk about what happens when a child record is updated and notifying the parent.

Thanks for any info,

Ron

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message, including any attachments, files or documents, is intended only for the addressee and may contain CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this message or any of the information included in or with it is  unauthorized and strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete and destroy this message and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. This message does not create any contractual obligation on behalf of the sender or Law Bulletin Publishing Company.
Thank you.