Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Tousignant, Jon" <jt...@Amsoil.com> on 2019/07/26 16:49:08 UTC

Script error

Hi,
I am not even sure how support works for JMeter, but I figured I would give it a shot. We have a stage version of our company's website that I am trying to set up load testing for. We use BlazeMeter for the load testing through dedicated IPs set up by BM.  I used BM's Chrome extension to record a simple test that browses to a product in our product catalog and then clicks add to cart. I test the script through BM's Selenium option, and I can watch it step through each piece and it successfully adds the item to the cart. However, when I export the script to .jmx and then open in JMeter I run it there and it throws an error on the first step which is add to cart. It doesn't provide much information on the error, and I am just stuck trying to get past it.

I am not sure if I just have something configured wrong in Jmeter, or if it's an issue with the site, but since I was able to watch it run in Selenium I am leaning towards a configuration issue.  I am new to BlazeMeter, Load testing, Jmeter, etc. and unfortunately, I am learning as I go...

Respectfully,

Jon Tousignant
Business Systems Analyst

AMSOIL INC.
ADDRESS: 925 Tower Avenue, Superior, WI 54880
E-MAIL: jtousignant@amsoil.com<ma...@amsoil.com>
PHONE: 715-399-6361
FAX: 715-395-5332

This email and attachments may contain proprietary, confidential and legally privileged information protected from disclosure. It is for the intended recipient(s) only. Unauthorized use, disclosure or dissemination is prohibited. Unless otherwise stated, opinions or comments are those of the writer, not AMSOIL INC. AMSOIL is not responsible for incorrect recommendations if information provided to AMSOIL is inaccurate or incomplete. If this has been received in error, please notify AMSOIL immediately and delete all copies and backups. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: Script error

Posted by "glinius@live.com" <gl...@live.com>.
In the majority of cases it is not possible to successfully replay recorded
script without prior  correlation
<http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/jmeter_proxy_step_by_step.html#correlate-start>

My expectation is that the request which adds the item to the card relies on
a some dynamic value which is not valid anymore and either needs to be
extracted from the previous request using a suitable  JMeter PostProcessor
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#postprocessors>
or it's something specific to the application you're testing, for example if
you have already added an item to the cart it cannot be added one more time
as it's there already.

So add  View Results Tree listener
<https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#View_Results_Tree>
to your Test Plan and run your test in GUI mode inspecting request and
response details, it might be the case that you're not getting logged in
hence all requests which require authentication are failing.

If you're a BlazeMeter customer the easiest option is  raising a support
request
<https://guide.blazemeter.com/hc/en-us/articles/207491229-How-to-open-a-support-ticket->

--
Sent from: http://www.jmeter-archive.org/JMeter-User-f512775.html

Re: Script error

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,
Can you show the error you have in jmeter.log ?

Paste the exception in mail please

Thanks

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe