Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michal Michalski <mi...@opera.com> on 2013/02/28 15:11:17 UTC

Question about the way that isLocalDc() gets local DC

I have a C* sourcecode related question:

Can someone explain me why isLocalDc() in OutboundTcpConnection class
uses DatabaseDescriptor.getRpcAddress() for retrieving "local" IP,
instead of using DD.getListenAddress() or - even better -
FBUtilities.getLocalAddress()? I mean - I don't get why RPC address is
checked before initializing internode (so not RPC-based)  communication,
which will use IP address returned by (in OTCPool)
FBUtilities.getLocalAddress()?

Do I miss something here?

Kind regards,
Michał

Re: Question about the way that isLocalDc() gets local DC

Posted by Michal Michalski <mi...@opera.com>.
Sure, done :-)

MM

Posted by Marcus Eriksson <kr...@gmail.com>.