Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Aman Sinha <am...@apache.org> on 2017/11/08 21:29:40 UTC

Apache Drill Board report for this quarter

Drill developers,

The quarterly Board report is actually due today (I got a late reminder).
 I have submitted the following but if you have any specific changes or
additions, let me know..I can still incorporate them.   Thanks !

 - Drill is a Schema-free SQL Query Engine for Hadoop, NoSQL and Cloud Storage.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## Activity: - An all-day Drill 2.0 Hackathon was organized on Sept
18th in San Jose at a
   participating company's headquarters. 27 developers registered and
   participated in the hackathon. It was a productive day of technical design
   discussions on topics related to a major 2.0 release next year.   -
The community is actively working towards an upcoming 1.12 release
sometime
   in late November. - There is a noticeable uptick in contributions
of storage/format plugins for
   Drill; PCAP, OpenTSDB, Kafka plugins are either committed or nearing
   completion.

## Health report: - The project is healthy. Development activity based
on the pull requests and
   JIRAs   is quite good and growing, as evidenced by 63 more JIRA
tickets resolved in
   this reporting period compared   to the prior one. Activity on the
dev list showed a 48% jump compared to
   the previous quarter and activity   on the user list showed a
moderate increase.  Two new committers were added
   in the last period.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 18 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Arina Ielchiieva on Tue Aug 01 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 38 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - AnilKumar B was added as a committer on Wed Oct 25 2017
    - Kamesh Bhallamudi was added as a committer on Wed Oct 25 2017

## Releases:

 - Last release was 1.11.0 on Thu Jul 27 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - dev@drill.apache.org:

 - issues@drill.apache.org:

 - user@drill.apache.org: