Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michal Ludvig <mi...@logix.cz> on 2002/04/15 15:05:29 UTC

PATH_INFO in Apache 2.0.35 and PHP 4.2RC

Hi all,
I'm trying to upgrade Apache 1.3.20 with PHP 4.0.5 to the new Apache
2.0.35 and PHP 4.2RC (taken from CVS). I already made almost everything
working, but am still fighting with these topics:

1) I can't make PATH_INFO working.
Suppose I have an URL http://server/script.php which works, but
http://server/script.php/something doesn't. In the old Apache it worked
without problems. I also tried to put 'AcceptPathInfo on' into httpd.conf
as well as to .htaccess, but nothing changed. Apache just yields
"404-object not found" message. How do I let it work?

2) One of my virtual hosts uses /some/script.php as a DocumentRoot.
Apache 1.3 accepted and used it (passing a propper PATH_INFO to it), but
Apache 2.0 doesn't. It complains about non-existing DocumentRoot and
refuses to serve this virtual host.

Does anybody have an idea how to make these two things working?

Thanks in advance.

Michal Ludvig

Re: PATH_INFO in Apache 2.0.35 and PHP 4.2RC

Posted by Jess Planck <ev...@mac.com>.
I've got the same issue, and looked everywhere, but the only thing I've
found is that AcceptPathInfo works for some of the CGI scripts. I've
pulled both Apache and PHP from CVS since that has been recommended in
the past, yet still no resolution to this issue. I've also thought about
using Mod_Rewrite, yet that is a highly complex work-around for what
"was" a simple configuration.

I've been trying to subscribe to the PHP lists (users and dev), yet I
haven't had a reply yet. I understand that this is all developmental,
but If there is someone who can shed some light on this I'm sure there
are a few users here that would appreciate the info.

I've reported it as a simple bug report to the PHP group. I should have
asked someone here to file a more detailed report since I can't put this
server in debug mode... it's a production box, so I can only test it for
a couple of hours at a time. http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=16622. It
should also be noted that the Apache2 filter is experimental with PHP,
so I guess we shouldn't expect the moon and stars for a little while yet.

jess.

Posted by Michal Ludvig <mi...@logix.cz>.

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.
what about RewriteCond with file testing and if it's not a file, using
[E:PATH_INFO=$1]?

îÁ 2002.04.15 16:05 Michal Ludvig ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ: