Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/15 10:36:33 UTC

tck legal question

Hi, there is a legal question I am not sure about.

Back in the day, when Oracle was at the helm we had a strict policy
of not touching the mojarra code in any way whatsoever, the TCK back then
was closed source anyway and in the beginning so was mojarra.

Now that I have to challenge the TCK for reasons that they are stuck on
html unit and hence are stuck on ES5 on javascript level
I would like to provide a pull request so that I can attach that one with
the TCK challenge.

Is this still an issue, or is it now possible to touch the other
implementation one way or the other given the changes are clearly coming
from our side as long as the code is strictly not shared except for being
under ASL2 license.

Can anyone shed some insight on this.
To challenge the Faces TCK and write a pull request, I have to clone the RI
into my own github workspace (which hosts the TCK). I only can do that if
it is safe from a legal point of view.

Re: tck legal question

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Great, I just gave an answer and will start porting the Ajax tcks tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification

Werner

Am Di., 15. Nov. 2022 um 17:35 Uhr schrieb Melloware <mellowaredev@gmail.com

Re: tck legal question