Posted to dev@baremaps.apache.org by Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com> on 2022/11/05 13:04:15 UTC

Re: Baremaps joins the Apache Incubator

Thank your Calvin, I went through the references and created a checklist for the first release [1].

Some of the time consuming points have been addressed before submitting the proposal (e.g. replacing LGPL dependencies by Apache compatible alternatives). However, we still have a lot of work and verifications to make before the first release. I hope this ticket can help us track progress.

[1] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/issues/492

Posted by Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Nov 5, 2022 at 9:04 PM Bertil Chapuis <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank your Calvin, I went through the references and created a checklist for the first release [1].
>
> Some of the time consuming points have been addressed before submitting the proposal (e.g. replacing LGPL dependencies by Apache compatible alternatives). However, we still have a lot of work and verifications to make before the first release. I hope this ticket can help us track progress.

Well done! after everything is done, I can check it out.

> [1] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/issues/492
>
> > On 17 Oct 2022, at 04:54, Calvin Kirs <ki...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > For Docker and Nexus, we need to ask the INFRA team to help us create them.
> >
> > For the release process and distribution, you can refer to[1][2]
> >
> > We need to sort out the dependencies in the project, we can refer to
> > the licensing policy regarding third parties.[3]
> >
> > There are some good aids that can be used[4].
> >
> > How to assemble LICENSE and NOTICE files, we can refer to [5]:
> >
> > There are other details that we can discuss later on in a new thread
> > specific to the project.
> >

> > [1]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html
> > [2]https://incubator.apache.org/guides/distribution.html
> > [3]https://apache.org/legal/resolved.html
> > [4]https://github.com/apache/skywalking-eyes
> > [5]https://infra.apache.org/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product

> >> Thanks, I took a little time this afternoon to cleanup the issue tracker and improve labelling.

> >> The current website is published with Jekyll [1]. Github Pages is not supported by the infrastructure team at apache, but Jekyll is mentioned among the recommended tools. I logged a couple of issues to discuss and track this [2,3,4].

> >> Baremaps is now on twitter ;-)
> >> https://twitter.com/ApacheBaremaps/status/1581698370938474497

> >> The releases are currently published on maven central with the maven release plugin. Is there a place where we can find information regarding the non-technical issues associated with a release (e.g., licensing, etc.)? We can discuss this in the following issue [5].
> >>
> >> I guess we should refactor the package structure from com.baremaps to org.apache.baremaps before creating new branches . Is now a good time?
> >>
> >> [1] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/tree/main/docs
> >> [2] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/issues/489
> >> [3] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/issues/490
> >> [4] https://github.com/baremaps/baremaps/issues/491