Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Mike Braden <mi...@nc.rr.com> on 2001/07/19 04:51:16 UTC

FW: Microsoft pulls back on Java support

Has anyone seen this yet?

Subject:        Microsoft pulls back on Java support
http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2790355,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews
01

--
Mike Braden
mikeb@nc.rr.com

Re: FW: Microsoft pulls back on Java support

Posted by Alex Fernández <af...@tid.es>.
Hi Mike!

Mike Braden wrote:
> Has anyone seen this yet?
>
> Subject:        Microsoft pulls back on Java support
> http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2790355,00.html?chkpt=zdhpnews
> 01

Does not apply here, since Jakarta deals with server-side Java.

Un saludo,

Alex.

Re: Microsoft pulls back on Java support

Posted by Fernando Padilla <fe...@interdimensions.com>.
It has been my DREAM to see the 1.1 JVM Applets abolished.  It really was
a matter of time, until that old JVM code was ripped out of browsers where
it does not belong and people use the official java plug-ins.  Except I
can see a lot of growing pains, because possibly 99.9% of all applets are
the old <applet> kind and not the new plug-in kind, thus shutting down
alot of the older sites... sigh

fernando

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Mike Braden at mikeb@nc.rr.com wrote:

> Has anyone seen this yet?

So what? They're dropping support for applets in the standard Windows-XP
distribution... We're working on the other side, who the crap cares about
applets? :) :) :)

    Pier