Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shweta Agarwal <sa...@digitalimpact.com> on 2001/09/10 22:25:52 UTC

how to secure servlet using htaccess?

Hi!
I had a question about how to use htaccess to protect  a servlet I am
running with Resin servlet engine and Apache web server.  I did not find any
mailing list on resin-apache, thus i am sending my question here.  I will
appreciate if I can get any help.
Here is the problem:

I am trying to use Apache as the webserver and Resin as the servlet engine
on windows 2000 and am not able to protect a servlet.

on windows, my apache htdocs directory is
c:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\htdocs

 but i have my servlets in the directory
c:\servlet\com\test\TestServlet

in my resin.conf file, i have put the classpath
<classpath id='c:\servlet' />
	<servlet-mapping url-pattern='/TestServlet/'
servlet-name='com.test.TestServlet'/>

Thus my question is that if i want to provide secure access to this servlet,
where should my .htaccess file be.

Where should i put my .htaccess file, such that for this servlet, it
requires authentication.  For all other documents, I do not want any
authentication.

Thanks,
Shweta

Interactive debugging with Tomcat?

Posted by Tony Vinayak <tv...@covalent.net>.
Folks,

Being a newbie to the Tomcat world, I'm trying to get my arms around the
features that are available in Tomcat for debugging my web apps (servlets,
JSPs).

Besides enabling logging in server.xml file, what else can I do that can
help me in debugging my web apps ? I'm spoilt with interactive debugging
with IDEs; do I have similar luck with Tomcat?

regards,
Tony

Tomcat stop working after Apache upgraded

Posted by Tony Cheung <dr...@asiayeah.com>.
Hi,

I have upgrade apache to 1.3.19 (RH 7.1 RPM) and then the Tomcat(3.2.1
or 3.3-b2) no longer works with my Apache. I always get a "Document
contains no data error" when I try to access the JSP.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks a thousands.

Tony Cheung