Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Gottfried Szing <go...@yasd.dhs.org> on 2000/10/27 15:18:50 UTC

reassigning property values?

Hi

I have on ereally big problem. Cutted from the docs of the
property task: " When a property was set by the user, or was a
property in a parent project (that started this project with the
ant task), then this property cannot be set, and will be ignored.
This means that properties set outside the current project always
override the properties of the current project."

Does this really make sense? If i am building subprojects with
their own definitions there is no way to overide some global
definitions.

--
cu, goofy

To predict the future, you must know the past. -Pat Artis
    --> http://yasd.dhs.org/ ICQ: 34550587

Re: reassigning property values?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@bost.de>.

 GS> "This means that properties set outside the current project
 GS> always override the properties of the current project."

 GS> Does this really make sense?

Well, for some of us the answer is yes, to others the answer is no.

Like it or not, this is the behavior of Ant 1.2 (and prior excluding
some pre 1.1 version from March or April). There will be some
discussion whether we want to change this (and if so how) on ant-dev,
feel free to join.

Stefan