Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Shrinivas Kulkarni <sh...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/30 10:57:35 UTC

Can kafka brokers have SASL_SSL, SSL and PLAINTEXT listener at same time?

Hi,

I want to migrate from SSL to SASL_SSL on the Kafka. Is there a way to
enable both SSL and SASL at the same time in a Kafka cluster. Also, I want
PLAINTEXT to be enabled for the internal users. Is this possible in Kafka
1.1.1

Please let me know.

Thanking in anticipation,
Shrinivas

Re: Can kafka brokers have SASL_SSL, SSL and PLAINTEXT listener at same time?

Posted by Steve Howard <st...@confluent.io>.
Hi Shrinivas,

Yes, you just have each listen on a different port.and change your clients
to point to the one you wish to use.

Thanks,

Steve