Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Emanuel Chiavegato <em...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/25 11:07:28 UTC

Error unning call syscs_util command

Hi all,

   I hav been given the task of exchanging our xls files with data used for test for a better tool and I believe derby is the ideal db for this task.

   I am using eclipse to handle this change, as the data needed for test is handled by java written applications.

   I have managed to create the tables i need and i use the derby nature of my project to run a select on ij and it shows my empty table.

   When i try to run the command:
Call syscs_util.syscs_import_table(null,'tradeXl','tradexl.csv',',',null,null,0);

To import my excel data from a csv file into my derby db it comes up with the error message: table 'app.tradexl' does no exist

I cant understand what is happening as i can run the select in the table therefore the table exist.

Can u pls give some guidance on this subject?

Many thanks for your help

Emanuel

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Error unning call syscs_util command

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 11/25/11 2:07 AM, Emanuel Chiavegato wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>     I hav been given the task of exchanging our xls files with data used for test for a better tool and I believe derby is the ideal db for this task.
>
>     I am using eclipse to handle this change, as the data needed for test is handled by java written applications.
>
>     I have managed to create the tables i need and i use the derby nature of my project to run a select on ij and it shows my empty table.
>
>     When i try to run the command:
> Call syscs_util.syscs_import_table(null,'tradeXl','tradexl.csv',',',null,null,0);
Hi Emanuel,

It is likely that you need to uppercase the second argument: 'TRADEX1'.
For system procedures, the table and schema name arguments are
case-sensitive strings. In most other usages, table names are SQL
identifiers, not strings, and SQL identifiers are uppercased by the
engine. The rules are described in the Reference Guide in the section
titled "SQL identifiers".

Hope this helps,
-Rick