Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Iain Bullard <ia...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/06 11:57:37 UTC

ws-xmlrpc persistent objects in handler class - example (can be found here).

As Promised some documentation,

http://blog.buttermountain.co.uk/2006/11/06/accessing-persistent-objects-with-apache-ws-xmlrpc-30-a-documented-example/

As I figured out how to get a simple persistent object into my handler
classes I decided that I would create a
very simple example to demonstrate how it can be done. I've created a
document to accompany the example, its included
in the code zip file (linked to within that post) and its pretty much the
content of that blog post.

The document is aimed at people who are not familiar with ws-xmlrpc 3.0 and
I hope it helps bring together the various
FAQ entries on the site into one example that people can use as a reference.

I'm sorry that the code formatting in the post is non-existent but wordpress
is not something I use often.

Any corrections, suggestions etc please send them my way.

Re: ws-xmlrpc persistent objects in handler class - example (can be found here).

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 11/6/06, Iain Bullard <ia...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As Promised some documentation,

One hint:

- "For a method to be exposed via xml-rpc it must be public and have a
return type
  that is not void ..."

  That is true for v3.0. In 3.1, void methods are available, if
extensions are turned on.
  In other words: Note, that your "init" method might be callable
remotely, which is
  almost definitely not what you want. (See the discussion between
Jimisola and me
  from today.)

Apart from that, thanks for the example. I have added the link to the
"links" section.

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.
(Jack Benny)