Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by imranrazakhan <im...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/28 19:56:29 UTC

Conditional Features startup in karaf

We have karaf in Openshift and sharing central configuration through
configmap. We have to start/stop or make available features/bundles on base
of central configuration.

So if central configuration tag one bundle as enable we will start it or if
central configuration tag feature as disable we should stop that bundle.

Do karaf support some API to control bundle lifecyle on base of external
configuration.

Re: Conditional Features startup in karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Karaf doesn't have such mechanism out of the box.

However, you can implement your own "controller" for that. It's a bundle
that control others based on configuration.

Regards
JB

On 28/03/2019 20:56, imranrazakhan wrote:
> We have karaf in Openshift and sharing central configuration through
> configmap. We have to start/stop or make available features/bundles on base
> of central configuration.
>
> So if central configuration tag one bundle as enable we will start it or if
> central configuration tag feature as disable we should stop that bundle.
>
> Do karaf support some API to control bundle lifecyle on base of external
> configuration.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net