Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2012/03/15 18:10:17 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Trivial Update of "SymmetricMerge" by DanielShahaf

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "SymmetricMerge" page has been changed by DanielShahaf:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/SymmetricMerge?action=diff&rev1=68&rev2=69

Comment:
display the attachment inline

   * mergeinfo on A5, saying "B:1-3"
   * mergeinfo on B5, saying "A:1"

  The longest continuous prefix of branch A that's fully merged into B is A:1.  The longest continuous prefix of B merged to A is B:1-3.  We look for a continuous prefix because we need to ignore any later revisions that may have been cherry-picked, after a gap, because in that case it's this first gap that is what we need to be filling first.