Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dewey G Gaedcke <de...@pathoz.com> on 2013/08/05 18:17:26 UTC

[users@httpd] config Apache to pass all requests to fastCGI process

I've got a web-app written in Orbit/Kepler (the Lua framework) and I'm wanting my visible URL paths free of file extensions or un-necessary path elements.  I'd like to expose just a nice, clean restful-like api.

I'm an Apache novice, but from the docs, it seems the only way to tell Apache to dispatch handling to wsapi-fcgi  is via the "add handler" construct.

And that requires me to specify EITHER a static path component, or the individual file extensions (i.e. .lua) to be handled.

Is there any way to tell Apache to pass ALL requests "without" a specific file extension to Lua and let the remaining (image, js, css file requests) be the exception??

Thanks for any help or tips!

Re: [users@httpd] config Apache to pass all requests to fastCGI process

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Dewey G Gaedcke <de...@pathoz.com> wrote:
> I've got a web-app written in Orbit/Kepler (the Lua framework) and I'm
> wanting my visible URL paths free of file extensions or un-necessary path
> elements.  I'd like to expose just a nice, clean restful-like api.
>
> I'm an Apache novice, but from the docs, it seems the only way to tell
> Apache to dispatch handling to wsapi-fcgi  is via the "add handler"
> construct.
>
> And that requires me to specify EITHER a static path component, or the
> individual file extensions (i.e. .lua) to be handled.
>
> Is there any way to tell Apache to pass ALL requests "without" a specific
> file extension to Lua and let the remaining (image, js, css file requests)
> be the exception??

How about SetHandler in <Location />

--
Eric Covener