Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2013/01/08 21:23:47 UTC

Re: Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Stack <st...@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> Any interest in setting up a consortium for a HBase testing facility? We
>> can't make point contributions to ASF to go to a specific project, but
>> it's
>> not unreasonable to suggest a couple HBase dev shops could pitch in a few
>> bucks a month for project administered EC2 account for spinning up
>> hbase-it. (This would be minimum viable I think, EC2 is ok for functional
>> and smoke testing at least.)
>>

> One suggestion that has been made, and that I will follow up on, is that
> we ask if we can use the bigtop infrastructure.  They have an
> infrastructure already in place (sponsored by Cloudera) that is apart and
> unrelated to Apache dedicated to bigtop building.  It is at
> http://bigtop01.cloudera.org:8080  Let me go investigate and report back.
>  Pluses are that it is already set up.  Cons are we would be competing w/
> bigtop builds but it should be possible to get extra resources dedicated if
> too much competition.

I wrote bigtop mailing list asking about the above [1] and just talked to
Roman about what would be involved getting hbase it tests running on bigtop
infra.  Roman talked up what you'd expect, that bigtop infrastructure is a
community resource/effort so running big long tests w/ chaos monkey's doing
their damnedest is all well and good but only if someone is actually paying
attention to the running cluster and making use of the result.  We talked
about trying a pilot effort to get something small going first and then
working up from there.  Let me work at getting something to try on bigtop
infra with their permission.

Toward that end, I just ran mvn verify in the hbase-it module as per the
doc [2].  My thought was that we could get the base set of it tests running
over on bigtop if only on a single node for now.  The tests failed though:

Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.IntegrationTestDataIngestWithChaosMonkey
2013-01-08 11:35:51.209 java[51577:1703] Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 346.926 sec
Running org.apache.hadoop.hbase.IntegrationTestManyRegions
2013-01-08 11:41:38.782 java[51635:1703] Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 145.428 sec
Running
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.IntegrationTestRebalanceAndKillServersTargeted
2013-01-08 11:44:04.811 java[51672:1703] Unable to load realm info from
SCDynamicStore
Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 230.595 sec
<<< FAILURE!

Is that to be expected?  Is IntegrationTestRebalanceAndKillServersTargeted
expected to fail currently?

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/bigtop-dev/201212.mbox/%3CCA+RK=_Dn=viqWkmRtfa=_2SetExMCDOuB8Ut0Pm8vdABiyFCYA@mail.gmail.com%3E

2. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#integration.tests

Re: Move TestReplication out of LargeTests into hbase-it instead?

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
No it is not expected to fail actually. Could you please open a bug.

Enis