Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Sa Li <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/21 01:19:43 UTC

rebalancing leadership quite often

Hi, All

My dev cluster has three nodes (1, 2, 3), but I've seen quite often that
the 1 node just not work as a leader, I run preferred-replica-election many
time, every time I run replica election, I see 1 turn out to be leader for
some partitions, but it just stop leadership after a while, and the that
partitions transfer to other partitions, meaning it will not be used for
consumers.

I thought that happens only that broker 1 was crashed or stopped, but it
didn't, but I still see that leadership shift. Any ideas about this?

thanks

--

Alec Li

Re: rebalancing leadership quite often