Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Bart van Leeuwen <ba...@netage.nl> on 2023/11/02 12:29:10 UTC

TomEEMicroProfileListener IllegalStateException

Hi,

Again in the transition from TomEE 8 to TomEE 9 (Plus version) I run into
the following error on app deployment.
This only happens on the first deployment of the app, if redeployed the
error doesn't happen.
So far I have not been able to create a testcase.

SEVERE [Catalina-utility-1]
org.apache.openejb.observer.ObserverManager$MethodInvocation.invoke error
invoking org.apache.tomee.microprofile.TomEEMicroProfileListener@53f0a4cb
        java.lang.IllegalStateException: On a thread without an
initialized context nor a classloader mapping a deployed app

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards
Bart van Leeuwen

Re: TomEEMicroProfileListener IllegalStateException

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi,

yes. If it bothers you, it might be a good point to start.

The main difference between 8 and 9 is the switch of the micro profile
implementation from geronimo to smallrye.

The integration code is in
https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/main/tomee/tomee-microprofile/mp-common

So the process would be to try to understand the problem a bit better,
maybe add an itest, which can reproduce the behaviour and than do some
debugging to figure out, what exactly is happening here.

Gruß
Richard