Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2016/04/20 18:30:36 UTC

Time for release?

I finally got a chance to fix the two bugs I wanted to get in for 2.6. I am thinking I should be able to do the release this weekend.  Is there anything else that must be done before we can release?  We have a lot of changes in 2.6 already.

Ralph

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
So far, most of the issues I've found are all related to using sun.*
classes.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Remko,

Thank you for the example.

The use of instanceof makes me wonder if we can handle this in a more OO
manner. I hope to take tome to look tomorrow...

Gary

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
The only thing remaining for the 2.6 release for me is the performance
tests for the garbage-free logging manual page LOG4J2-1297
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1297>.

I asked folks on the Mechanical Sympathy mailing list to verify my approach
(
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mechanical-sympathy/HwTrOMnm6h0/4bTFm8mQJwAJ)
 and got back a few replies that I'm still digesting.

Almost there... :-)

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on the last few remaining things for the LOG4J2-1270 garbage-free epic that I want to include in 2.6:

* Documentation LOG4J2-1297 (todo:  performance comparison)
* making synchronous logging garbage-free:  LOG4J2-1334 (one broken unit test left)
* passing message parameters down when logging async LOG4J2-1342. Needed for CSV layout. (initial implementation done, not committed yet, need to add unit tests)

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ralph,

<http://www.manning.com/bauer3/>

Re: Time for release?

Posted by Greg Thomas <gr...@gmail.com>.
The last patch I submitted to clear up the outstanding issues with
CloseableThreadContext hasn't been applied;
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1348 - the patch was
called ctc-instance.patch. If more work is required, let me know and
I'll get to it, but as far as I know this clears up the issues people
had with it.

Greg